Senioritis is defined as “an ebbing of motivation an effort by school seniors as evidence by tardiness, absences and lower grades.”
- Over excessive of wearing athletic clothing
- Lack of studying
- Repeated absences
- Bad attitude
Every senior at some point goes through this phase, some not as much but others quite a bit. Senioritis is no joke, The only cure is graduation. This general feeling piles up after years of taking specific classes just to get a certain amount of credits to graduate. Most seniors choose easier classes instead of classes to prepare them for college, which in the end usually hurts that student. Some students think just because they get accepted into college that they don’t have to try anymore, well you are WRONG… Any college can take away any scholarships or anything given to you due to a low GPA.
Seniors, The year just started. This is your last year of high school, stay strong and finish the year with good grades to help you get into college. Even if you don’t go to college graduating with a good GPA still helps you because you never know, you could eventually go to college in your later life.
Things Senioritis can teach you:
- Skipping class is actually more stressful and not worth it: When you skip class you just have to find extra time to make up all your missing work and tests.
- Grades actually matter your senior year: Most people think that you already have majority of your credits so why try? Well failing classes brings down your GPA, If you hold a solid GPA the first 3 years of high school why mess it up your last year?
- Truancy is irrelevant if you’re 18: If you are 18 you cannot get in trouble for not attending school, you are an adult you make your own choices.
- Make the most of your senior year: Its your last year going to the same school as everyone you’ve been with for the past couple of years, make the most of it.
If you or any of your friends are victims of this horrible disease please contact help with your school counselor as soon as possible. THERE IS A CURE.